2020 Nissan Maxima Trim Levels
Are you currently looking for a new full-size sedan that’s capable of handling your regular commutes near Warwick, Providence, and Coventry, RI? Well, the Nissan Maxima has been a go-to sedan for years and this year’s model comes fitted with many different features across its six trim levels.
To educate local drivers of what they’ll find behind the wheel, the auto experts at Speedcraft Nissan put together this guide. Below, you’ll find an in-depth review of what each of the 2020 Nissan Maxima trim levels has to offer.
Every Maxima is standardly equipped with a 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine mated to an Xtronic CVT®. This entry level trim has 18-inch machine-finished aluminum alloy wheels, LED headlights with daytime running lights, and quad-tipped exhaust finishers—all of which you don’t typically get when you opt for a base model.
On top of cloth seating, additional features that you’ll find include:
- Auto-Dimming Inside Rearview Mirror
- Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition
- 8-Way Power Driver’s Seat
- NissanConnect® 8-inch Touchscreen Display
The next trim level up has a few upgrades, such as heated outside mirrors with LED turn signal indicators and Intelligent Cruise Control. The Maxima model’s driver assistive safety suite also gains a Traffic Sign Recognition function.
There are a number of other changes from the S trim, too, including:
- 8-Way Power Driver’s Seat with Power Lumbar Support
- Heated Front Seats
- Leather-Appointed Seats
- Nissan Door to Door Navigation with Premium Traffic
When you take a seat in the SL trim, you’ll notice a sense of refined comfort. While this and the previous trims are similar, they don’t share everything in common. This trim is the first in the Maxima lineup to offer a dual-panel panoramic moon roof.
You’ll have all the features from the previous trims unless they’ve been swapped out for an upgraded one listed below:
- Adjustable Ambient Lighting
- Rearview Monitor
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Bose® Premium Audio System with 11 Speakers
- Two USB Ports and Two USB-C Ports
This trim level provides drivers with a performance-oriented look mixed with an upscale feel, thanks to a sport spoiler, 19-inch gloss black aluminum alloy wheels, and climate-controlled front seats. Below, you’ll notice more upgrades that the SR trim offers:
- Intelligent Around View® Monitor
- LED Fog Lights
- Outside Mirrors with Reverse Tilt-Down Feature
- Auto-Dimming Driver-Side Outside Mirror
- Paddle Shifters
Both Platinum trims exude luxury, as the regular Platinum boasts 19-inch machine-finished aluminum alloy wheels and premium Ascot leather-appointed seats with diamond-quilted leather inserts. We’ve also listed additional features over the SR trim below, such as:
- Premium Ascot Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Rain-Sensing Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Memory Driver’s Seat, Steering Wheel, and Outside Mirrors
- “Satin Birdseye Maple Wood-tone” Interior Trim
Maxima Platinum Reserve
All the way at the top end, the Platinum Reserve trim has plenty more to give its drivers, with striking 19-inch dark hyper silver aluminum alloy wheels and heated rear seats. Some other upgrades are apparent as well, including:
- “Satin Bronze” Faceted Interior Trim
- Semi-Aniline Leather-Appointed Seats with Dynamic-Quilted Leather Inserts
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Contrast Insert
Learn More About the Nissan Maxima
At Speedcraft Nissan we hope you found this guide to the 2020 Nissan Maxima trim levels helpful in your adventure to find a reliable and fun-to-drive sedan around Warwick, Providence, and Coventry, RI. With so many trim levels to choose from, there’s bound to be one that’ll suit your lifestyle. We welcome you to read more of our vehicle-specific resources, which cover various aspects of the Maxima.
Once you’re ready for the next step, contact our showroom to schedule a test drive in the 2020 Nissan Maxima today!